Monday, November 7, 2011

Texting your clients


In a-blink-of-an-eye i realized is Monday, no money came-in in the weekend, I need to do something.  Ding!!! Let me use my old technique: texting my clients.  What I did is just say hi to the ones I have not hear from them for a while and to the ones recently got their nails done, then I started reminding the ones that need a fill-in this week.  It only took me 10 minutes to text all of them because I have a group set-up of my clients on my cellphone.  The result: 2 fill-ins tomorrow and 2 fill-ins on Saturday.

Back in Puerto Rico I used the texting and it gives you very good results.  Most of them call back for an appointment and thank me because they tend to forget.  They like: "Oh please do not stop doing that you don't know what a great help is that" or "I was thinking about you but i didn't have your phone number."

Text messaging not only works for reminders is great for those slow days.  In my old job Wednesdays used to be the slowest day ever.  To the point that sometimes we were there 8:30am to 5:30pm to make NOTHING.  So I decided to text my clients and offer the things like:  "Only today wednesdays free 10 finger desing"  or  "Today only fill-ins $3.00 off."  Right away up to 3 appointment.  After several week texting my clients with different offers every wednesday my coworker saw the results and started to do the same.  After 2 months for this type of marketing wednesdays turned on a busy day and we did not even have to send offers any more.

Lesson:  Use your resources, specially if there is no extra costs.

No comments: